New South Wales Farmers' Association (NSW Farmers)
Photo: ‘Quick head count’ by Mia Doering – Crooble, NSW
William (Bill) Stacy – NSW Farmers’ Candidate
Bill is based in Singleton, in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales. Bill, with his wife Robyn and 3 children; Kate, Tom and Abbott, run a stud and commercial based cattle operation on 5,000 acres with the property “Myrallie” being in the family since the mid 1830’s.
Bill attended the Kings School, Parramatta attaining his Certificate and Advance Certificate in Agriculture, later Diploma of Agriculture at Tocal Agricultural College.
In 1984 he worked with PDA Wright and Sons prior to returning home.
Bill has been on the NSW Farmers Executive Committee since 2014 and is a director of the Cattle Disease Contingency Fund.
Bill is Treasurer of NAA (Local Show Society), past Vice President of NAA and currently Secretary to the Hunter Group of Shows.
Other past positions held:
- Chair of the NSW Farmers Cattle Industry Committee from 2015-2019
- CCA Industry Systems and Food Safety consultative committee Vice Chair – 2020.
- NSW Farmers Association (NSWFA) General Council 1986– 1996
- NSWFA Education Committee 1985-1994
- NSWFA Cattle Committee 1992-1996 and 2014 to current
- Joint Meat Livestock Committee 1992-1996
- Agricultural Societies Council of NSW – Member of Council 1985 – 1998
- On the Board of Hunter RLPB 2005-2008/ Chairman 2005-2007