Northern Territory Cattlemen's Association (NTCA)
Photo: Buildup Steph Frankham – Barkly, NT
Anne Stanes – Northern Territory Cattlemen’s Association Candidate
The Stanes Family have lived and operated land south of Alice Springs for over 100 years. Anne and her family live and work in their business, Lyndavale Cattle Co, operating Pastoral Properties South of Alice Springs and in the far North of South Australia running Angus Charolais cattle, producing heavy young steers for the Organic EU market. Irrigation and farming Country in SA have been added to assist with providing organic hay and finishing cattle. Anne and her family have a passion for and have developed a high quality, productive and efficient sustainable grass fed beef business.
Anne holds a Masters in Sustainable Agriculture from the University of Sydney studied externally and a Diploma of Applied Science from Roseworthy College.
Anne has been an active and passionate advocate of the NT Pastoral Beef Industry for the past 30 years.
Currently the NTCA Director on Cattle Council Australia Board, Anne was elected to this position at the NTCA AGM in 2021
Past pastoral Industry representation on Boards and involvement with Community groups have included:
- NT State Planning Group: – Chair and Member appointed by Minister
- NT Landcare Board – member
- Alice Springs Pastoral Industry Advisory Board – ASPIAC- member and Chair
- Centralian Land Management Association: founding member of the Pastoral Landcare group plus Chair in the 2000s. During this time the CLMA won the National Landcare Group Award.
- Centralian Beef Breeders Assoc – chair and member
- Southern Beef Group NT – Pastoral beef benchmarking beef production group that has been active for the past 20 years in the Southern Alice Spring region.
- Northern Territory Pastoral Land Board – 2016 -19 member appointed by the Minister
- Chair NTCA Alice Springs Branch 2016-2019
- Director NTCA Executive 2016-2019, 2021
- CCA Director – voted by members of the NTCA at NTCA AGM 2021