Photo and video competition
Stories from the Station 2021
Are you good with a camera – or even just the phone in your pocket? Well, get it out, because Cattle Council’s Stories from the Station photo and video competition is back in 2021.
Send in your photos and videos so we can share them on social media – and we have prizes up for grabs.
Show us your cattle, your family, your landscape or your shenanigans – so long as you stay safe. Just make sure what you show us is real
You don’t need to be a pro – we’re looking for photos that show everyone what it’s really like on the land – you might already have a winning video or photo in your phone.
There is a category for photos and a category for videos, with prizes for first, second and third place in both.
1st place – $300 prepaid eftpos gift card
2nd place – $200 prepaid eftpos gift card
3rd place – $100 prepaid eftpos gift card
You can enter as many times as you like – but each photo or video needs a separate entry form.
Winners will be announced on Friday, December 3, 2021.
Videos will need to be uploaded by a file sharing service such as dropbox or google drive, or by SMS to the Cattle Council media line, 0409 219 527 – just make sure you send your entry form first.
Terms and conditions for 2021 CCA photo competition:
- All entries must include:
- Creator’s name
- A title for the photo or video
- Entrant’s contact details
- For photos – a high-resolution image (at least 2 megabytes)
If these details are not provided, the entry will not be accepted.
- Cattle Council retains the right to freely use images for promotional purposes but otherwise the copyright of any entered image remains solely with the photographer. Where possible entrants will be credited when photographs are used, wherever practical. If any party wishes to use any image for other purposes, they will be put in contact with the photographer to see if an agreement can be reached.
- Entrants may submit as many photos or videos as they wish, however each entry will require an individual entry form.
- The deadline for photos is Friday 26 November 2021 at midday AEDT.
- The photos will be judged by the CCA CEO, President and Communications Manager.
- Prize winners will receive an eftpos prepaid gift cards. And individual prize may be spread across multiple gift cards
- CCA reserves the right to the final decision and discretion on the final photos and videos chosen.
- CCA reserves the right to decide upon which photos will be utilised, such decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY SNAPPING
A big thank you to everyone who took part in Cattle Council’s Stories from the Station Video and Photo Competition in 2020. We had nearly 100 entries and some amazing shots from right across the country. Thanks to everyone who helped us pick our winners by liking or loving the photos on facebook too.
It was a tough one to judge, so we added a fourth place prize in the mix.
Here are the winners.
‘Big Rigs, Big Cattle Numbers’ by Kelli Elliot – WA
‘Kelpie’ by Sandie Read – Qld.
‘Pain Relief at Havelock by Bim Struss – Qld
‘Puddles’ by Wendy Eastaugh – Qld
Thanks again to everyone who entered and voted